Founded in 2013 by WPBA Exempt Professional, Kim Newsome, the Gulf Coast Tour is a developmental tour, exclusively for female pool players, of any age, who possess a desire to grow their game. With the same, day in and day out routines, players go unchallenged and become disillusioned because their game is at a standstill. The Gulf Coast Tour offers a competitive atmosphere for a variety of skill sets, where players are able to accurately test and hone their game, in order to reach that next level, whatever that level may be. These Tour events enrich the billiard scene for female pool players and provide the opportunity to build confidence, achieve goals, and learn how to win.
Eligibility and Fees
Tour events are open to female pool players whose membership may be subject to the approval of the Board of Directors. The top 32 WPBA Exempt Professionals are not eligible to participate. Players with eligibility questions should use the “Contact” form on this website to submit their inquiries. The annual Tour membership fee is $25. The entry for each event is $25, which includes a $5 administration fee.
Tour players receive ranking points for their tournament finishes, and are eligible for special events, programs, and awards. Tour rankings, tournament articles, and photos, are all published on this website, and tournament press is disseminated to press partners in an effort to build player brands and maximize exposure. Event wrap-ups, photos, and special interest stories are posted periodically on Facebook and Twitter.
- Special Events – Tour players are eligible to receive invites to exclusive events.
- Mini Pool Clinics – Tour Players are eligible to sign up for free, fifteen-minute pool clinics, hosted on event weekends. Clinics are hosted by top players and focus on helping players improve their overall game.
- New Player Discount – Beginning at the second stop of each year, when a player brings a brand new player to an event, that player will receive five dollars off their entry fee. This discount may only be used one time per event. A brand new player is defined as a player who has never competed in a Tour event.
- Junior Discount – Junior players, seventeen years of age or younger, will not be required to pay an annual membership fee. Junior players attending Tour events must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Gulf Coast Giveaways – Players who attend an event will be eligible for a free drawing. Giveaways include, but are not limited to, gift cards, gift baskets, and tournament entries.
- Business to Business – The Tour offers members several different outlets to promote their own products and services, including on-site during event weekends, social media pages and groups.
- Tour Champion Award – This award honors a Tour Player who finishes in the number one spot, on the end-of-year rankings list.
- Sportsmanship Award – This award honors a Tour Player, who by her behavior and deeds, best exemplifies the spirits, ideals and values of the Tour. It recognizes her diplomacy and goodwill toward her fellow players, inside and outside of competition.
- Most Improved Player Award – This award honors a Tour Player, who through her hard work, dedication, and perseverance, becomes the most advanced player in a Tour season.
- Rebecca Arcangeli Dubious Achievement Award – This award is a tribute to fallen Tour Player, Rebecca Arcangeli, who loved to prank, joke, and above all, laugh. This award honors a Tour Player who exhibits the most remarkable, dubious behavior, in a Tour season.
- Best Attendance Award – This award honors the player who attends the most events in a Tour season. If two or more players tie, a drawing will determine the winner, who will receive a cash award.
Board of Directors
Established in March 2018, the Board of Directors is made up of members who are tasked with determining Tour objectives, administration, tournament direction, and player eligibility. Tour membership is subject to approval by the Board of Directors.